Ten Truth’s you should abide by to get through the reality of life……
Can you handle it? You are the only one who shall abide and know…….
- A man will say whatever you want to hear to get in your pants (not a true story as I know reality, but I know of females who have gone through this)
- A women will tell you anything you want to hear to keep you beside her (I’ve seen it all)
- Kids (your own) will drive you nuts (literally)
- Your parents love you unconditionally (for reals)
- Your co-workers are fake (I’ve seen it first hand, but you may find a real one here and there)
- Your boss should be your “Best Friend” (or you won’t have a job for long)
- Don’t ever complain or make a fuss while at a new job or on “probation” (true story)
- Don’t confront, question or yell at a Police Officer, they will gripe you by your balls or ovaries (as seen on social media)
- When you think you’re “depressed”, get off your ass because you’re really in a rut (seen by so many)
- If you’re truly “depressed”, take your damn happy pills (if you don’t, you’re susceptible to deep depression and suicide)
As Americanos, we have been celebrating the day of thanks or what we call “Thanksgiving”. This day means so much more than what the media portrays it as, but I’m sure you already know that false lie.
“Thanksgiving” is not about Pilgrims and Natives coming together to unite. That whole ideal has been thrown out into the trash as we awakened to realize what really happened.
“Thanksgiving” is not about Black Friday and all the deals you are looking forward too. That is consumerism at its best!
“Thanksgiving” is a day of giving thanks to all that we have. It is being grateful for the little things such as your child’s laugh and their silly frustrations. It is being thankful for your health and a simple smile shone your way.
Below are ten reasons why I live, why I love and why I continue to thrive……
- My 16 year old who is intelligent, an Anime nerd and my witty daughter. She is my first born and awakened me to what love truly is. When I look back at the days when she was born, I was so young yet I matured once she entered my world. She has taught me internal patience and unconditional love. I have 16 years of beautiful memories that can never be replaced!
- My 7 year old who is funny, intelligent and motivated to learn! She has taught me to live free and how to enjoy the little things in life. I was much older when she came into my life and it was a bit of a struggle, but I overcame my struggles and it made me a stronger female. She is the light of the family that can bring my stress down in a second!
- My husband. Being married is a fairy tale mixed with reality. He is my other half and I’m so grateful for all that he does for my daughters and I. He has taught me that no matter what happens, he is my forever and who can not be grateful for that?!
- My Mother. She is a fighter! She has fought against addiction, cancer and other health problems. She continues to keep going, which I’m so grateful for! I have so many beautiful memories of her helping mold me as a child!
- My Brother. He has been such a help to me as I was a single mother and even now as I’m married. How can I not be grateful for him, when he helps watch my little one (his youngest niece)! He even helps clean my house while he awaits to pick up the little one. At the end of the day, I’m grateful that he is probably one of the only souls who knows the true me.
- My Father. He is smiling down from heaven and has left his legacy of his intelligence, his wit and his love of great music! Although he struggled with addiction, he never lost the love he had for his children! His hand and his heart was always open and he was always there for me whether it was to pay for college or just a much needed hug!
- My career. I love, love, love teaching and I cannot say how thankful I am for having the ability to do what I do. Some people live their lives working miserably. Some work hard for years and years only to make pennies. I have been blessed to have everything wrapped into my career! I can only thank my internal will to get through college. At times, I wonder how the heck I did it, but I did and I loved every moment of it. College was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. I grew internally and learned so much during those years. It made me happy to see how proud it made my Dad while I went through college. And it obviously all paid off!
- My God. There are many, many people who understands who and what “God” is all about. I am grateful that I have always had a relationship with my God and he/she has always been by my side. If you have a true relationship with your God, you understand and comprehend that love. I can share a few stories with you where I put all my faith in God when I had nothing physically or emotionally and I’ve ALWAYS, ALWAYS, been taken care of! There are not enough thank you’s for my beautiful God!
- My Grandma Moralez. She was such a great Grandmother. She loved all of her grandchildren, but I truly feel we had a special relationship due to my particular teen upbringing. She took me in, she guided me, she was patient, she was funny, loving and a great cook! I love her so much that it truly still hurts that she departed to heaven. I’m beyond grateful for her for stepping up and helping me through my high school years. She taught me how to cook, clean and most importantly, how to live a life with morals and how to give all negativity to God.
- Last, but not least, I’m ever so grateful for each student and school/teacher friends who have come and gone throughout my life! I began teaching as a young adult whilst learning who I was. I’ve grown into the person I am because of all those little and big students. Each one of them has taught me something even when it was nothing. Not only that, but there have been so many positive people I’ve met who stamped their knowledge onto my soul. I have a few of my school/teacher friends who I still talk to and have become life friends with! A few of my high school adult students still keep in contact with me. Now, that is gratefulness at its finest!
Are not enough
to show you how
much you mean
It’s funny how some think you are so strong! But being strong can only last so long……
She broke. She finally broke. …
She is the strong one, holding everyone’s glue together, but what about her own soul?
Oh, her soul!
Taking care of two beautiful girls all on her own! No daddy around although she is so bold! Daily clatter in one ear and out the other just to survive! Screeching whines all for one tiny sharing crime! Oh the joys of motherhood yet insanity of holding it up alone. How can she get one to bring up her grades, the other to learn her ABC’s while trying to grow on her own!
Oh, her soul!
She’s tired! She’s fucken tired of this game called life!
She just wants to lay on a bed of white and relax with the moon and stars, but apparently this is not such a store. Instead, she wakes up before the crack of dawn getting ready for her daily grind.
Making breakfast for all to ensure her girls have a strong brain for the day. Making lunch to ensure to stay within the budget. Reminding the older one to brush her hair, brush her teeth, while screaming in her head with annoyance that this child does not get it! Rushing the little one to wake up and get dressed while sadness hits her heart that she can’t be home with her sweet tod. Instead she must drop her off from dawn till dusk just to make that buck! How many fucken emotions can one deal with so early in the morn!
Oh, her soul!
Out the door for only 5 when the little one runs away with tears in her eyes. She holds in her tears, takes her precious loves to school, while meditating to work to try to keep it together.
Some days are good, some are grand some not so my bad. But today she finally broke…….
She broke just for a millisecond…..
When I come home and put my sweet girls to sleep, everything that happened throughout the day just disipitates into thin air.
How I love thee.
Some days, I sit and wonder,
God, “Why am I being challenged as such”,
at the top of her lungs,
HELP, HELP, HELP,
Shall I say?
But then I remember,
My life is a road,
Ups and Downs,
Are put unto this world.
Then I see sunshine,
Day in and Day out,
The life that you bring me,
Helps me shine through the day,
I love you like leeches,
Sticking to you,
I have faith,
in all that you do…..