1. I pray. I pray just about every second of the day. And guess what? My higher power, my Lord, The Universal Laws have NEVER let me down.
2. I read. I cannot go through my day without reading. I read fiction, nonfiction and anything on spirituality. It takes me to another world, it dives into my imagination!
3. I write. I write a minimum of once a day whether it be journaling, poetry or stories. Writing is my therapy. Writing levels me. I have lived without writing and it’s like dark boredom!
5. I have attempted to wean myself from all pharmaceuticals. Our Doctors prescribe, prescribe and prescribe more pills more than ever. One day, I just stopped and it’s funny how all my physical pain just went away. I used to need to take sleeping pills to sleep, then a pill to wake up, then a pill to stay calm. I am free from money hungry pill makers and I feel damn good!
6. I wake up thankful for another day. I used to dread waking up. I didn’t want to confront my work day and do the hustle and bustle of the day. It is as simple as being thankful just to be able to open my eyes and have the ability to be alive one more day. It is being grateful.
7. I do NOT take anything personal! Everyone is living their own stories, whatever baggage they carry around is THEIR baggage, not mine! I only take myself personal! It really makes life worth living with a skip in my beat!
8. I live without expectations! I used to have high expectations and had a vision of my future that I wasn’t enjoying what I had right in front of me. Now I live in the present and take life as it comes without any expectations. It is actually fun to have no expectations except to be happy!
9. I take chances. I used to live in fear. Fear of getting hurt. Fear of leaving a miserable job. Just plain fear. It was or is like jumping off a cliff with thoughts that all will be fine regardless if you break a leg or only get scratched up.
10. I woke up. Plain and simple. I am not fogged. My eyes are open, ears are listening and I can breath in the fresh air (what is left of it). I plain and simply enjoy what is right in front of me. If it does not serve my purpose in life, I let it go.
Just because it is legal does not make it right….
“War and the large military establishments are the greatest sources of violence in the world. Whether their purpose is defensive or offensive, these vast powerful organizations exist solely to kill human beings. We should think carefully about the reality of war. Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous – an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that war is criminal or that accepting it is criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering.” (Dalai Lama)
Here we are in the year 2014 and it “appears” as if we have come a long way in our evolution. Have we? I question it daily because it does not seem so to be. I mean, yes, many things have changed, but the issues many civil rights leaders fought for still exist. They may not exist as potent as they were in the early 1900s, but they do still exist today.
Scientist who study biology and our evolution state that our world, “humanity” is in their adolescents. Really? That is crazy to think, but that makes sense! We have tons of knowledge with our new sense of technology, but in the real world, we are still very naïve.
Naïve? How can humans be so naïve? Well, look at our world! There are wars going on today, tomorrow and yesterday! Humans take religion and politics to such the extent that they believe that “their” views are the “right views” and then war happens! There are wars within countries!
Look at the US! In the US, we have a war on drugs, sexism, homophobia, religion and the list can go on and on. Is this not adolescent tendencies? In our corporate/capitalistic world, many humans care more about money itself rather than life itself! This sounds all too familiar! I remember being a teen! In my teen years, I did not care about anyone, but myself! I did not care about other people’s emotions or well being! If someone were to give me lots of money to create a product that would sell, of course I would have done it! Hence Capitalism.
As I am wiser in my life, I look back at those teen years and just laugh! How naïve I was! How I did not know anything, I thought I did that’s for sure!
This is our earth! This is us! This is why we are all jacked up! You get me??? Humanity is in our teen years. We have learned from our past ancestors, but we still have a long way to go.
But, this is good news! This means that as we progress and evolve, we will become wiser! Well, at least that is what a lot of us humans hope for. People are already becoming more aware of the destruction we have been causing. Our health has been declining, which has caused many activists and scientist to start looking into man made food! We are learning what types of foods cause cancer, diabetes and obesity. This is good! We are educating ourselves! But this is not enough!
We need to make more changes!
We need to do research on what will work without harming Mother Earth or our Health!
We need more education in order to educate those stubborn humans who do not believe all the hype!
It is not just the food business that needs to be changed, but our ideals!
Our ideals are keeping us in a type of “hell” that will NOT allow humanity to grow spiritually, mentally and equally.
How do we move forward in our evolution, when we are so poisoned by our political leaders, the food industry and the media? It seems so far away, yet so close to make changes! All in all, we really need to get to the root of the problems in order to change and/or fix Mother Earth as well as our living souls.
How is it that our history is laid upon many civil rights leaders attempting to make equality among all, yet we still encounter many hate crimes. I have tried to look at it, coming from an animalistic point of view, meaning, our biology. But, it does not make sense. We are not born to hate. We are not born to destroy. We are born a clean slate. This means we are programmed to believe what our culture says what is right or wrong. It’s very simple people. What we teach to our youth is exactly how they will come out-unless they educate themselves to get to a higher level of consciousness.
It is just so baffling to me, that we have come so far, yet are not really moving. Humanity has become this strange creature that attempts to fight racism, homophobia, sexism, classism, and many more “isms”, but THEY STILL OCCUR! Why? BECAUSE people don’t like change! Well, I am sorry, but we have to change or humanity will decapitate into nothing. We will either destroy ourselves with all the chemicals we are breathing in and eating or we will all kill each other in war.
Racism: Come on people! I mean really! We are all humans with a heart, soul and mind. This means, we are all the same inside. The only thing that is different is the color of our skin. Blacks in the US still get harassed by police just because of the color of their skin. Latino’s get discriminated against because they are illegal and everyone wants to send them back to their original homeland. I mean, it’s ridiculous. This is NOT a part of a world I want to live in. I want to live in a world where we are all looked upon as equals. I would love to see all races live a free and wonderful life. Will this ever happen? I am a skeptic. I suppose all I can do is live my life as I would like all to live. I teach my own offspring as well as my students that we are all equal no matter what color we are. Hopefully our future generations will live freer than we are now.
My Opinion: Racism = Small Minded!
And then there is SEXISM~
There are only two genders in our world. These two genders as we have learned are really two different entities, two different species, two different views in life. We are both biologically created so differently yet we are human, which gives us something in common. As the beginning of dawn, there have always been two different gender roles. But as we are “teens”, I feel like it has gotten completely out of control!!
My theory is that when humans began evolving into what we are today, both genders had their own specific roles on Mother Earth. We had different roles because we are biologically different. Males were warriors and providers and females were the gatherers and caretakers. Now, let’s take a look at this picture, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. But as humanity has grown into what we are today, humans have skewed roles into what they want. Unfortunately, just as race was degraded into slavery, females were degraded into pieces of meat.
But females’ fought and with their strong intellect, they fought their way to freedom (Well, kind of, but that’s a whole different story)
Now, we are living in a double sexist world. Both genders are being inflicted with this human made sexism. Females are denied the right to abortions and even birth control. Males have a challenging time winning or even getting half custody battles. Females make less money than men when doing the same job today, while men are accused of aggressive behavior when half of the time it is false. It is both sided people! It is just another way to control the masses, not to mention sexism has been created solely by our society!! DID YOU HEAR THAT! BY US! BY HUMANS!
Then we have the good old homophobia. Dear people out there who are judgmental, there have been many gays in our world and it has been accepted. The romans lived their lives freely and they were never judged on their sexual preference. As religion has taken hold of our society, people have been molded into thinking that being homosexual is wrong. But it doesn’t even make sense even if you are a very religious individual. I mean, religion is based on believing in a “God”. This God will decide what is right or wrong.
the real essence of “God” is to love all and be non-judgmental.
Today, I move forward into a higher level of consciousness because just as John Lennon stated, “NOW IM OLDER, THE MORE THAT I SEE, THE LESS THAT I KNOW FOR SURE. NOW THAT IM OLDER, THE FUTURE IS BRIGHTER AND NOW IS THE HOUR!
Wake-up! Educate! Empower yourself with knowledge! Let’s fight off these parasites of Politicians! Let’s be FREE!